I’m here today to announce a new version of another free software / Qt application that I was working on it since 2 years ago! And obviously, It’s our first free software and Qt try!
It was a hobby for my cousin (Majid Ramezanpour) and I to learn Qt!
A simple but useful dictionary tool, we call it MDic Dictionary since begin! M stands for Multilingual, (or maybe our first names :D)
And it was one of our first needs after migrating to GNU/Linux world here in Iran, because most of documents are available in English, and always we need a dictionary tool on system :D
Today after more than 1 year elapsed since previous release, we have prepared a new version of it, with some improvements and some useful features (mostly it’s users needs and requests)
It’s current main features:
- Support for a special dictionary database files (a sqlite db, and there is some tools for converting other dictionary files into it)
- Supporting text translation Using Google translate service.
- Highly customizable!
- 4 ways to show lookup results: 1. It’ main window 2. System tray message 3. KNotify 4. LibNotify
- Support for Festival and espeak text to speech engines without dependency!
- Embedded spell checker, using GNU Aspell!
check here for more!
You need some dictionaries to use it, or just use google translate inside it! Take a look at help dialog for how to use it!